Toyota 8" V6 / TV6 Axle Parts, Gears, and Upgrades
Toyota 8" V6 Axle Models:
Toyota 8.0" V6 (Open Differential)
Toyota TV6 (E-Locker)
Ring Gear Diameter:
Diff Cover Bolts:
Ring Gear Bolts:
Axle Spline Count:
Axle Shaft Style:
Pinion Preload New:
Pinion Preload Reused:
5 to 6 in-lbs
Ring Gear Backlash:
.006" to .010"
Ring Gear Bolt Torque:
Carrier Bearing Caps:
Toyota T100 Pickup
1993 - 1998
1995 - 2015
Toyota FJ Cruiser
2007 - 2009
1995 - 2009
1999 - 2006
The Toyota 8" V6 axle (open differential) and the TV6 version (with the E-Locker) feature a drop-out style third member loaded with an 8" ring and pinion gear. This axle was offered in almost every Toyota truck and SUV since the early 1990s along with the larger Toyota 8.4" T100 rear axle. To make sure this is the particular axle that your vehicle has, please review these simple details:
• 2010 and newer 4Runner and FJ Cruisers have the Toyota 8.2" rear axle.
• 2006 and newer Tacomas without a factory locker have the Toyota 8.4" rear axle.
• 2006 and newer Tacomas with a factory locker have the Toyota 8" TV6 rear axle.
• All 1996-2009 4Runner and FJ Cruisers without a factory locker have the Toyota 8" V6 rear axle.
• All 1996-2009 4Runners and FJ Cruisers with a factory locker have the Toyota 8" TV6 rear axle.
• 1995-2005 4x4 Tacomas without a factory locker have the Toyota 8.4" rear axle.
• 1995-2005 4x4 Tacomas with a factory locker have the Toyota 8" TV6 rear axle.
• 1995 -2009 2WD Tacomas were sold with Toyota 7.5", Toyota 8.4", and Toyota TV6 rear axles.
Don't see the particular axle or drivetrain parts you need? We carry more products and brands than we can make available on this website so give us a call or send us an email and chances are we can get what you need at a great price.